(Editors note: Check out the attached video – much more than your normal distributor video)
Godlyke, Inc. is pleased to announce the release of the Maxon OD808X Overdrive Extreme.
Based on the classic “808” circuit that Maxon invented over 30 years ago, the OD808X offers a wider frequency response with an extended hi-frequency range. This added tonal range has been carefully tuned to provide additional clarity without becoming harsh, and will also accentuate high-gain settings.
Additional Features of the OD808X Overdrive Extreme are as follows:
• Drive, Tone and Level Controls
• Buffered bypass switching with low impedance output to drive long cable lengths without loss of signal.
• Status LED indicates bypass/effect and battery condition for trouble-free performance.
• 9V battery or AC adaptor operation
• 3-Year Limited Warranty
• Made in Japan
• List Price $209 / Street Price $159
The Overdrive Extreme also offers more gain and harder clipping than the standard OD808, creating amp-like distortion with excellent note definition. An increased output level allows the OD808X to be used as a semi-dirty booster to drive an amp.
More information at